Pages

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Fatality Lies Between Fantasy & Reality

What metaphor or analogy can I disguise you within?


A fairy tale, Cinderella, watch you slide your foot in.

To the perfect slipper fit, let me think for a bit.

How you’re perfect and worth every papercut slit.



I can grasp at my temples and gnaw at my lips.

Squeeze my eyes shut to imagine a glimpse.

Take a deep breath to remember the sniff.

Your fragrance, the nape of your neck set adrift.



The thought of you, words on a page start a symphony.

Why could they not bring me to where you are? - Quite simply.

When that’s all I want - I can go no deeper.

For you to read and feel reverb, “Sweet music please greet her.”



“Plead her to dance and to sing for me softly.

I’ll dance tireless, all while humming her melody.

Prince Charming by no means, but please, transform me to be.

Or at least into the carriage that allowed her to flee.”

No comments:

Post a Comment